Kauttua Club - the heart of the Works area
The main building of the Kauttua Works, now known as Kauttua Club, dates from 1802.
The mansion was built by politician and economic expert Anders Falck and its design is probably the handiwork of Gabriel von Bonsdorff. Industrialist Antti Ahlström acquired the Works in 1873 but used it mainly as his family’s summer residence. He made considerable changes to the building and the surrounding gardens, adding a two-storey balcony to the house, with the top floor serving as a viewing platform. The lower level had a staircase leading to the vast lawns and gravel pathways of the garden.